Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version]

Death Before Dishonor Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version] Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My favorite FF is VII mainly because of the story line and all the plot twist in the game, and the materia set-up was nice..

FF X had the best music in my opinion because once you get to Jeacht at the end you get a little taste of some heavy metal type music which happens to be my favorite..

The FF that had my favorite characters overall was VII because Vincent and Sephiroth was always my favorite characters and I always sort of wished Spehiroth could be user controlled in battle...

FF VII had my fav character Vincent Valentine, and he was my favorite because of the sense of mystery he had and the limit break transformations although MP consuming was pretty great..

All of the FF's except for XII because I enjoy the turn based fighting system that FF was built upon and hate FF XII battle system...

VII and it was Sephiroth I put in one of the listings above why whoops oh well he was a bad ass and noone could hold a candle to him...

My fav storyline was suprisingly that of FF Tactics I loved the way the story unfolded and the betrayel of brothers and the plot to control the world it was pretty intense...

My favorite ending was that of FF X because while watching it I could feel the sadness coming from Yuna and Tidus's happiness when seeing his dad...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

BTBAM
    Which FF had your Favorite Music?
    For me personally I would have to say FF7
    the boss theme I mean how epic is that theme and the turks theme was great it gave the group I believe more of a notoriety. The theme "who are you?" used to give me chills when I first heard the theme with its' eerie sound. Lastly "One Winged Angel" Perfect last battle theme

Which FF had your Favorite Characters Overall?
    FF6 was for me the best overall characters. Each one so memorable
    Locke a solid character who lives to protect the ones he loves and his "treasure hunting" skills gain you some great items through out the game
    Who could forget Edgar the FF character with the most "swagger" to him
    Kefka a madman who terrorizes the world with his evil madness a character I truly was determined to defeat

Which FF had your Favorite Character, and who is it?
    Cid from FF7 his personality alone won me over not to mention the fact
    his limit breaks are extremely powerful his weapon of choice (Spear) was also something I liked about his character

Which FF had your Favorite Battle System?
    Honestly, the best FF battle system I would definetly say is Final Fantasy Tactics. I love the Strategy, the spells, CT, the move and act element was great made the game enjoyable every playful never a dull moment. The hit percentages and the best is the Math skill. You could sweep the board with one spell.

Which FF had your Favorite Villain, and who is it?
    Gilgamesh FTW! The most entertaining boss to duke it out with. I understand that he makes an appearance in several FFs but my favorite appearance would be FF5. Not to mention Battle on the big bridge (Gilgamesh's theme) is one of my all time favorite themes from Nobuo Uematsu

Which FF had your Favorite Storyline?
    FF7 hands down
    Spoiler:
    The fact that cloud is a "puppet" made from jenova cells. Brilliant!

Which FF had your Favorite Ending?
    Hmmmm tough one to answer FF9 and FF7. I'd have to say FF9 (FF7 has gotten enough appreciation from me) one of the most suitable,heart-filled endings in a FF game
    Spoiler:
    When Zidane returns to Alexandria

Registered User Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version] Gilgamesh2000's Avatar

The FF game that had the best music to me was FF8. The music had a very intriging sound to it for example, The Extreme, the final boss theme, was very weird and twisted to me. When it starts, you hear bells sound and then it turns and shows you it's demonic demented side and begins with the heavier part of the song. Also Eyes on Me is one of if not the greatest ending song of all FF games to date. This to me brings back many memories of my life like many of my hardships and trials I have faced.

Again I would have to pick FFVIII, the main protagonists have their past revealed later on in the game. For example, when the party goes to Selphie's former garden they begin to remember, except Rinoa due to the fact that she did not grow up with them, that they all grew up in the same orphanage together and just somehow came together like it was fate or destiny.

FFV was the first to introduce Gilgamesh in it, but he has appeared in many if not all the FF games so far. He has a very unique appearance and provides some comic relief and very needed aid to the party. For instance, in FFV he always made a silly excuse when he lost to the party and ran away. In FFVIII he randomly shows up and uses one of four techniques that ranged from dealing very low damage to instantly killing enemies. Not to forget that he has an awesome theme song.

I would have to say FFXII due to the free roam and the active teammates. This helped me many times like when my leader was low on health one of my teammates would strike the enemy and distracte it while I healed or they would heal me depending on the person.

I have two favorite villains, Ex-death from FFV and Sephiroth from FFVII. Ex-death had a strange motive that was very unique and has not been repeated yet as far as I know. He wanted supreme power to destroy everything including himself. Sephiroth is just so iconic that he has appeared more times than most other FF villains.

This would have to be FFVIII. First of all the story combines elements of romance and twists. The romance between Squall and Rinoa is one of the most memorable tied with Zidane and Garnet. The twist is that all the characters knew each other when they were younger.

Really all had a great ending, but FFVIII and IX were my favorites. Both incorporate romance into the ending and IX even adds a surprise in the mix as well. These two endings have greatly helped me in my life and have both taught me a lesson in life.

Pwning Hojo Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version] AtonedForMySins's Avatar
    Either FFVII or FFIX are my favourites, VII because of the immense character choice, awesome main villain/final boss, music and battle system, and IX also because of the characters (particularly Vivi, Zidane and Steiner), the amazing storyline and how it's alot less realistic than the rest of the games in the series, barring the 2 dimensional ones.

Probably X, any game which has a song as amazing as To Zanarkand in it has to win that, also Otherworld is one of the first songs on the game which really grabs you.

For me that's probably VII, I adore Cloud, Vincent and Sephiroth more than any characters from any other games in the series.

VII, and that's probably Vincent because of how cool he is/looks.

X, I liked how you could sub people in and it was for me the best looking one, also the overdrive system was cool with how you had to interact with it to perfect it.

VII with Sephiroth hands down.

IX, not gonna say why as it might ruin it for people who haven't played it
    Dilly-dally, shilly-shally. Isn't it time you do the forgiving?

Fun For Hire Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version] FamousMortimer's Avatar
    SPOILER ALERT...

-In regard to my favorite music, I would have to say that FFVI had the most moving pieces, as it was basically an opera (complete w/ pagliacci clown). Every theme reeked of it's respective character's personality and disposition. Terra's theme was undeniably beautiful yet one is left empty as if something were missing when that song plays. On the other end of the spectrum, you have Locke's theme, which is complete in it's optimism and it's unyeilding high tempo definitely impresses Locke's heroism and humor on the listener. In my mind, VI is among Uematsu's finest work.

-As overall characters go, this is a much more difficult question to answer if you are a fan of the FF universe in general. To me, there is no party as a whole which embodies EVERYTHING that I look for in a group of protagonists. Which is not to say that each group isn't well rounded in each their unique way. However, if forced to choose, I must say that VI is again the standout. Locke's internalized struggle with his own failure to protect Rachel, and it's effects on Celes as an admirer, are subtle. Her empathy for him is palpable, yet her sadness at his love is just barely felt through her distant approach toward him. Then there is Shadow, who hides an inky past and even more indiscernible motives. He keeps the others at arm's lenghth, yet he more so than any of the others, seems to possesses an understanding of human nature. His capacity for empathy is well hidden and even seems to grow as the saga progresses. Let's not forget his dirty little secret. He is Relm's father, so he cares most of all for the girl, yet keeps a distance which I percieve to be a self imposed punishment for leaving her. I got the strange feeling that he felt as though he didn't deserve to speak with her, and that he was doing her a favor by with-holding his identity from her. Perhaps the last thing she needed was a murderous vagabond for a father. Or perhaps I read into it all too deeply...I digress on this point

-My favorite character of all time is definitlely Cloud Stryfe. Let no one say that among the hundreds of characters in the FF universe, that his isn't the most exquisitely complex yet relatable story. Identity, comraderie, and purpose. These are things which he craved, yet paradoxically rejected. These are also things that I think anyone can find true for themselves. Cloud was an experiment on the part of the creators. He was somewhere outside of the typical "lone-wolf" character, all the while personifying it. To me, he was a reinvention of Clint Eastwood. He lended much to the "hardness", yet was allowed much more vulnerability than any of Clint's timeless characters. Not to mention that we have been supplied un precedented background on Cloud as a character by the good people at SE.

-Best villain...Kefka (FFVI). In my opinion Kefka was a Japanese nod to "The Joker" from the Batman universe, only much more murderous and insane. His appearance as a twisted Pagliacci was the ultimate nuance of the game, in my opinion, and I'm sure that this was not intended, but Kefka always sort of reminded me of John Wayne Gayce, who was an american serial killer which worked as a party clown called "Pogo The Clown". All in all, I believe that Kefka both in appearence and behavior, is a beautiful mash-up of famous clowns and I both salute and acknowledge the parody as genius.

-The best storyline goes to VI yet again for reasons I have already outlined. And I can't comment on the best ending as I can't decide...

It's hard for me to choose which FF had the best music because I like it all. For best it's between VII and IX, VII because I like pretty much every tune in that game and most of the other FF's have only select songs that are favorites of mine. So to say it simply, I could listen through the whole FFVII soundtrack or piano collection and not have to change the song. IX's music used more sounds, which I liked and nothing was really boring in that game when it came to music.

I would say FFVI, http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...f?t=1260039518

Nuff said.

My favorite character goes to Cid from FFVII, he also had the best theme ever: YouTube - Final Fantasy VII Music - Cid's Theme
    Second to him is, Yes Tidus. I know a lot of people don't like him for some reason, but I like him. I didn't find him annoying, I thought he was funny.

Favorite goes hands down to FFV. Job system was amazing and you could really kick ass depending on how you developed your characters. That system was just fun, I liked giving my characters jobs I though suited them.

Gilgamesh- for his battle theme YouTube - Final Fantasy V Music - Clash on the Big Bridge which mad fighting him in V super fun, V is also the fist time I ever saw him in a FF.

Kefka- Because he's crazy and probably one of the most villain of villain's in any Final Fantasy.

Sephiroth- Because he's Sephiroth.

I'll have to come back for this one, too hard to choose.

FFIX, because the ending was literally perfect and was fun to watch. I like how they made you believe Zidaine was dead until the "I Want To Be Your Canary" Play. I was actually shocked when Zidaine threw off the coat the first time I ever beat it.

FFX's ending because it showed that the main characters didn't have to live happily ever after for it to be a great ending. FFX-2 was unnecessary, I try to forget it ever existed. X-2? wut?

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Registered User Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version] Maskie's Avatar

Re: Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version]

I would have to say I love four's music. I still love hearing the Redwings theme out of nostalgia. Zeromus has my favorite boss fight music. It sounded so hurried it made the fight seem even more desperate. I still have the Four Fiends theme stuck in my head. It's so over the top and dramatic it's hard not to like it.

Final Fantasy 7 gave almost all the characters a few minutes in the spotlight. Barret becomes less of a generic angry black guy when you find out how he suffered. Cid is only a grumpy old man becuse of a simple mistake. Yuffie actually becomes a little likable once you find out about Wutai. Overall the characters all felt very fleshed out.

Final Fantasy 5 had THE MIGHTY GILGAMESH! Frankly it was suprising to see that much depth ina villian much less a joke villian. Heck, Gilgamesh had more personality than a couple of the main party members. I also loved that he just pops up here and there in differents universes. I mean he got to one shot Siefer. I wanted to do that through the whole game. I always wanted to see his travels through each of the universes. I bet he would get along with Ultros.

5 agian. I really loved the job system in 1 and 3 but 5 just streamlined it. Suddenly every job had at least some purpose. I loved how varied each job was. It was kind of the precursor to the Tactics series far more complex application. I will give you I loved the fact that I could battle as Summons in 10. That was pretty nifty. Yojimbo is a poor man's Odin though.

I thought Mateus from 2 was pretty evil. He pretty much played around with the party like mice. He was indiectly or directly responsible of the deaths of most of your party members. He actually planned for you to kill him so he could become the king of hell itself. His death was just a power up really. He was so evil even his good half was sinister as could be.

I loved the storyline for 8. The only time I thought it hit a snag was when all the time travel stuff came up. Before then I was happy. I loved going toe to toe with the Galbanian Army. I actaully had fun storming a city as a military unit. I liked the Laguna flashbacks. I like fighting the Sorceress. I also felt that while Rinoa could be annoying that the love story felt genuine.

I loved 9's ending. After a few bittersweet finales like 6 and 7's I was glad to have a happy ending. Zidane showing up was really a welcome suprise. I really love that the beginning and ending are basically bookends. I wanted to know what happened to Kuja though. I felt bad for him.

Which FF had your favorite miniboss?
    I loved dealing with Biggs and Wedge in 8. They were really out of thier elelment when they were fighting the party. I loved how them being demoted was a reoccuring joke. They were however responsible for sicking that giant robo spider on me though. Not cool.

Which FF had your favorite minigame?
    Final Fantasy 7 and the motorcycle. I will always remember this mingame. It was so addictive. I spent so much money in the Golden Saucer arcade on that game.
    Last edited by Maskie; 03-23-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Von Karma is not pleased.

Which FF had your Favorite Music? FFX-2, i really liked 1000 words. although it was kind of a loud song it still felt sad to hear it from time to time. and mainly because yuna sang it for tidus so it has a very good value to it. my second choice would have been aerith's theme.

Which FF had your Favorite Characters Overall? FFVII. like mostly zack, cloud, vincent and tifa. i do admire their skills. and if zack and aerith didnt die, it shows one big happy family.

Which FF had your Favorite Character, and who is it?FFXIII. lightning. theres hasnt been any female characters that have shown power in both interior and exterior. there could be another person like tifa, but tifa is not strong in my opinion, shes a good fighter, but not like lightning. i do admire lightning's ability to overcome obstacles and has a spirit of not giving up and keep on going.

Which FF had your Favorite Battle System?FFVII. Final Fantasy VII's skill system is built around the use of materia (which any character can use); magical orbs that are placed in special slots on weapons and armor, allowing players to customize their characters' access to magic spells, summons, and special abilities. its kind of neat i think.

Which FF had your Favorite Villain, and who is it?i like sephiroth as my villain but i do hate sephiroth personally. aside from hating him, i do admire his intelligence and his use of skills. its like he went through so much battles and fights with not even a pinch or a drop of blood from his body. hes a good villain. but bad never beats the good. at last he still dies and thats the one thing i like about sephiroth.

Which FF had your Favorite Storyline?i like FFX. i feel like it has a really realistic storyline to it. and because this really sad and disappointing ending, it makes you compare it to your own life. i cant really compare my life to other FF storyline because they all kind of have a good ending and life never have good endings well, good but impossible for it to get that good...except this one.

Which FF had your Favorite Ending?FFX-2. its kind of like after going through all those energy and tears, we finally deserved to destined to a final good ending. and it makes you sigh a little after playing this game because you feel good for yuna and other characters. its this ending that makes this sequel possible.
    Last edited by LIGHTNING_71013; 03-23-2010 at 05:37 PM.

WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS.

1. Final Fantasy VIII. This game had such a beautiful and compact soundtrack. It had such great songs such as "Eyes On Me" and "Liberi Fatali". All of the songs perfectly fit the mood of the scene which they are played in, and never got old for me. Final Fantasy XII was a close second for me, though.

2. Hard decision between Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy IX. Both had a cast of characters which were lovable and compelling. I'd play both games over and over again, if not just for the amazing plots but the lovely characters in them which gave the whole thing itself flesh.

3. Final Fantasy XII. This game did have a lot of characters which I liked, but has my most favorite of all: Basch. He always seemed to be one of the most dynamic characters in the game's story. A war hero who's at the top of his game, and then suddenly everything in his life gets taken away by an evil twin brother. He was a kick ass guy with an epic story behind his character.

4. Final Fantasy X. This battle system made feel more involved with the battle itself. I loved how they got rid of ATB and used the turn-based system in its place instead. And I definitely liked how if one character was close to getting the kiss of death, all you had to do was switch then out for a more battle-ready character.

5. Final Fantasy VI. My favorite villain was Kefka. I hated yet loved him at the same time. His laugh always cracked me up for unknown reasons. And I liked how he would do anything to achieve his goals, even if that meant burning entire towns and stepping on newborn babies.

6. Final Fantasy Tactics. This game totally takes the cake for my favorite plot, considering how it both has warfare and political corruption packed into it. The action of it comes straight at you, and the drama goes on and on, yet its not that hard to remember what has happened so far when playing the game. And all of the characters somehow relate to or are linked with the plot, and none of them are just there for a fun little ride.

7. Final Fantasy IX. This ending was both my most favorite and most shocking. Here I was, rather sad that Zidane had been killed off, and then I watched the ending and was majorly surprised when Zidane popped his face onto the screen, and Dagger jumping onto him. Brilliant scene with brilliant music, I was almost on the verge of tears. And not to mention you get to see scenes of what happened to the other main characters in the story, brilliant.

Be a pal and level my adoptables!

Laika

Final Fantasy IX. It had a very nice flow to it and went amazingly well with the scenes and characters. Also, considering this was my first Final Fantasy game I think that plays a huge part into the soundtrack being my favorite. Oh, memories.

Final Fantasy IX... again. They were diverse and all had their own individual personalities. Some were rather serious or just silly, but even though they had these personalities doesn't mean they had to stay serious or silly the entire time. It's good to have some comic relief here and there but not through the whole game!

Arrggh at risk of sounding repetitive, this too goes to Final Fantasy IX. Vivi is definitely my favorite. He was afraid and weak at first but throughout the game he begins to realize his strength and face his fears head on (even after learning about his origins), which i find admirable.

Final Fantasy X. I loved the sphere grid despite the negativity toward it and the aeons were something to always look forward to obtaining. I honestly like the wait/turns as well, sometimes I need to think, haha.

Final Fantasy VII. Sephiroth was a whole different type of evil. I mean even to this day if I hear the Sephiroth music I will flip out and think I'm going to die. He's a worthy enemy and as far as I can see.

Final Fantasy VI for sure. It's tragic, amazing and entirely unique. I would say more reason to this but I'm unsure if I can say spoilers in this post.

Final Fantasy X excluding X-2. The end of X was so heart wrenching to me and dramatic. The secret about Tidus closer to the end was also a whole other thing I had to deal with, but the fact the end made me feel emotions is why I chose it as my favorite.

SRJJJB

I enjoy each and every FF but FFXI holds a special place in my heart due to the first time I ever head the battle music. It was so enthralling that I remember dancing to it when I was younger. It was one of the few things that kept encouraging me to enter combat.

Again FFXI takes this one. FFXI was my first FF for a long period of time when I was young and I grew up to love the characters. Zidane forever stays in my heart as my favorite FF hero.

As stated above Zidane (from FFXI) was my favorite Hero but Vivi (from FFXI) and Cecil (from FFIV) are also very close.

FFIV has the most enjoyable combat of all FF in my opinion. It had the classic feeling of the SNES/NES era but at the same time gave me the feeling that each character was unique in combat.

I never grew attach to any of the FF Villains as I have never actually finish most of the FF. I also have this weird bias feeling to hate villains naturally and give little care to them. On a special note my least favorite villain is Sephiroth.

FFIV had the best storyline in my case. Again the classic feeling yet unique characters kept me into it until the end. Along with the several twist across the story.

While I never truly finish most of the FF games but I have to say that FFX takes the cake here due to what happens to our dear protagonist. It really hits home after you play the game so long and get a heart-wrenching ending.

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version] Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

It just has to be FFIX. Sure, it did not have the Prelude at the title screen (but it did have a remix of it on Crystal World), but the music at the title screen just hit me right on the heart. I was only 12 when I heard it, but it stayed with me for a long time. From then on, it was pure bliss.
    The Place I'll Return to Someday

In response to the above poster, Zidane is from FFIX, not XI. But yeah, the FFIX cast just knew how to make you laugh, sad, and even upset. I was laughing whenever Steiner's Theme played, I was sad about the Cargo Ship incident, and I was a little upset when Kuja used the Black Mages for his selfish gains. Plus, Garnet is beautiful.

It's hard picking a favorite. But Garnet from FFIX keeps coming to mind. She was a strong character, and was fearless enough to go to Alexandria to question her mother, taking only Steiner and (eventually) Marcus. She was modest too, as
    Spoiler:
    she blamed herself for Alexandria's destruction.

She also didn't need to reveal her belly, arms or legs to look good. And I think that's something.

FFIX has gotten a lot of praise from me, but I'll give this one to -- cue the suspense -- FFII. Yes, the battle system was criticized heavily (ya bunch of whiners >.>), but I think it was a good way to stay underleveled, which was a great challenge to take if you were ever up for it. X could also help you stay underleveled, but after seeing so many 99999, I disliked it. So the award goes for FFII on this subject, with FFV following closely behind.

Again, the award goes to FFII, and I'd have to go with the Emperor. Once he became the lord master of Hell, he could call creatures from the bowels of said place. Plus, he was calm the whole time.

FFX. Tidus ends up in a world he doesn't know. Just imagine what he felt when he was almost gobbled up by Geogaesno. When was taken away by the Al Bhed. And when he finally met someone who shared his interests (Wakka). Even when he and his friends are labeled as heathens and traitors, he comes up with a genius plan to go inside Sin and defeat it once and for all. The ending may have been sad but hey, we have FFX-2 as a direct sequel!

FFIX. It was just the perfect ending. There is peace at the end of the game, and I don't think any evil villains survived so there really isn't anything that threatens the world anymore. Which explains why this game hasn't had a sequel, or even a remake.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version] Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

I think it would be Between FF8 and FFX. But if I really had to look in my MP4 player, I have more FF8 so... FF8 for me

FF8 or 9. I will have to go for 8 cause they made me laugh lol

FF8. Squall cause me had the same personality as me

FFX or 12.. I LOVED FFX battle system, being able to get ready for an enemies attack is awesome

I would say FF5 or 8. Both were galaxy threateners. Both were smart. Both came within a % of achieving their goals

FF8. Loved it... <3

FFX. Pissed me off. Why'd it have to end?

Nice question too

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

He's Back! Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version] Eisole's Avatar

Due to a lack of computer I'm posting on my BlackBerry Pearl.

Music: Final Fantasy IX, I feel that all the themes and events have very well prepared music to accompany it.
    Cast: Final Fantasy X has my favorite cast, as its easy to identify how characters are and it helps that voice acting is included. Very well rounded group and company.

Fav Character: I actually love Squall's character. He is firmly the most developed character in the whole series of games, and despite his downer attitude, FF8 brings him out of his shell and makes him into a worthy leader.

Battle System: I prefer FFX's system. FFX works on a speed basis, which greatly advantages the player and also allows for all characters to be utilized in rotation. There's also the customization of overdrives, so non-offensive and offensive characters can boost techniques accordingly.

Villain: Seymour from FFX. He's just so EVIL. He needs an evil goatee. He should've had top billing, and even in my alternative script is the final opponent. He willingly kills his father, potentially would kill Yuna and company, and wants to become the ultimate being of eternal death. So he pretty much is Kefka 2.0, Kefka being my #2 villain.

Story: FFIV and FFIX. I can't pick one. FFIV has a fairly basic plot that is woven around the cast, and truely sets the example for later series. FFIX more or less follows that example, also bringing elements from all previous series, and a good array of humor and serious tones to make the story last.

Ending: FFVI. It doesn't tell you "How the world changes" but rather details the immediate results of defeating Kefka and destroying the statues. Not to say I didn't enjoy the other endings, but this one truely concluded its story and left what happens afterwards to everyones interpretations.
    "I am matter...
    I am anti-matter...
    I can see your past...
    I can see your future...
    I consume time...
    And I will consume you!!!"
    -Culex, Super Mario RPG

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version] Xanatos's Avatar

Since my last post in this thread, I got to play Final Fantasy titles I haven't played before, thus my opinion has slightly changed, I feel the need to respond once more.

Out of all questions this is by far the easiest one to answer, while every Final Fantasy has superb music IX soundtrack appeals to me the most. Pieces such as "Rose of May", "The Place I'll Return to Someday", "Hunter's Chance", "Kuja's Theme", "Ambush Attack", and many more give it a slight advantage over other soundtracks in franchise. Close second would be Crisis Core, for a spin-off it has an amazing soundtrack, "The Burdened", "The Price of Freedom", "An Ancient Hymn Sung by the Water", just to name few music pieces I'm fond of.

Final Fantasy XII, if we look at every character that appears through the game. If main party only counts, well, that goes either to Final Fantasy VI or IX. Final Fantasy XII main party was excellent as a group, individually they weren't fleshed out enough. On the other hand Final Fantasy XII had a huge variety of interesting NPC-s, which wasn't the case with VI and IX.

My favorite character is actually a villain, but since there's already a question regarding that matter I'll have to chose another one. My usual answer would be Zidane, though I've grown fond of Zack Fair lately. Both have similar personas, attributes I like in protagonist, character in general. Optimistic, confident, brave, friendly...

Final Fantasy XII, no competition there. Traditional ATB system is still featured, but complete control over the characters, without the intro and ending scene battles are faster and gave it more dynamic feel.

The main antagonist of Final Fantasy IX, Kuja Tribal. He's unlike any other villain in franchise, narcissist, but one with manners, class, he showed that even a villain can be a perfect gentleman. Intelligence is what I like most about him though, he showed a cunning mind in quite a few occasions, how much can be accomplished with little bit of planing. Not really a man that relies on brute strength, but he showed his fair share of power. One of the rare villains who accomplished his goals, and had a change of heart even though it may be for a short notice.

There's one particular villain that had the same impact on me as Kuja, if not more. Not many seem to realize how brilliant Vayne was, he's far from your standard/cliched Final Fantasy villain, though at moments it may not seem that way. Vayne can be considered a protagonist, though it really depends how you look at it. He set to save people of Ivalice from clutches of immortal Ocurians and succeeded in doing so, his methods may be cruel, but it was the only solution, a necessary crime some might say. Not many would be capable of such feats, but he was ready to sacrifice his own family, to carry all those casualties on his conscience, to go through hell and all for people of Ivalice.

Few games in franchise have a great story through entire game, those games would be Final Fantasy II, VI, IX, X and XII. Since I have to chose one I'll go with Final Fantasy XII. While it's considered to be the weakest point of Final Fantasy XII by many fans of franchise, I personally think it's brilliant, mainly because it's not cliched as those in Square's earlier titles. History of Ivalice, featured in few games adds more depth to it, and political theme makes it even more intriguing.

Tough one, I guess Final Fantasy IX for it's cheerful ending, though ending in VIII and XII wasn't bad either.

*Final Fantasy IX is my favorite game as far as Final Fantasy Franchise goes, for various reasons but mostly sentimental, Final Fantasy XII on the other hand is without a doubt the best game in franchise, but there's clear difference between favorite and best.*

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

"Which FF had your Favorite Music?"
    Oh, man... this is so hard to choose. IV. I'm most attached to IV's music. Very few of the battle songs have managed to get my blood pumping like IV's, Golbez has one of the best character themes in the series, Troia has one of the best town themes... there are very few songs I dislike and a ton of songs that I love in IV's soundtrack.

Um, probably VII. I really liked most of VII's main cast, and even those I didn't care much for had their moments with very few exceptions. For example, I don't care much for Tifa either way but I found her to be well-developed and very human. Even some of the non-enemy NPCs were pretty well-done/memorable to me.

IV, Kain. I came to appreciate Kain's character more over time, though I've always liked him a lot. I liked his dynamic with Cecil, and the fact that if his head hadn't been messed with, he would have stayed silent about his feelings for Rosa and his resentment because he cared about Rosa and Cecil. He was actually quite jovial when the situation wasn't completely awful, and he has some pretty epic lines. It really struck me just how much I liked him when I played the DS version and read his thought bubbles. His final struggle against Zemus was an awesome, before untold battle of wills. And he was the first video game character I played who had neither a happy ending nor a bright future ahead of him at the end of the game. In the end, Kain lost the two things he had clearly been trying so hard to keep because he could not live with himself; he lost his relationships with Cecil and Rosa.
    On a side note, Laguna is my second favorite. :3

Ooh... V or IX. And I really can't pick between them. V was great and felt ahead of its time. It had an enormous number of abilities to choose from and really felt free, but it sacrificed all character distinctiveness. IX, on the other hand, felt like a different, more advance version of IV in some respects; the characters had very clearly defined classes. But in IX you learned class-specific abilities using equipment and a point system. This gave the characters more options while retaining the distinctive classes. But IX seemed a bit slow.

Kefka is my favorite villain, I think, though I'm fond of Emperor Mateus, Sephiroth, and Kuja as well. Kefka has some pretty epic lines, one of the best final boss battle songs of any game ever, and is surprisingly complex. I can even empathize with him on certain levels- which is a little disturbing, actually. XD He is an unexpectedly tragic character. It would have been nice to know more about him.

IV. I'm a complete sucker for the concept of redemption and that's one of IV's biggest themes. It's a relatively simple but moving story about caring, flawed people, revenge, hate, forgiveness, redemption, and love.

Gotta be X. I think I cried when I saw it the first time. Everything from Tidus 'holding' Yuna to the final line, "Never forget them..." was just... perfectly executed. Unforgettable ending. I can't think of a single thing that would have improved the ending. It was perfect.

Registered User Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version] Squall8's Avatar

Which FF had your favorite music?

Both FF7 and FF8 tie for my favorite music.

Which FF had your favorite characters overall?

FF8, all the characters were just awesome and easy to like

Which FF had your favorite character, and who is it?

FF8, Squall, he's the coolest person ever

Which FF had your favorite battle system?

FF7 simple not hard to figure out

Which FF had your favorite villian, and who is it?

FF7, Sephiroth. He has an awesome theme.. and other than Kefka the only boss who isn't random

Which FF had your favorite storyline?

FF8, though FF7's is so great.. FF8 was just so interesting.. and I love the love theme in it.

Which FF had your favorite ending?

FF8 because, it ties up all loose ends.. Squall and Rinoa are together, Seifer is a good guy again, and the music.

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version] nickness89's Avatar

Final Fantasy VII and IX are equal as my favourite music, i agree with Aerith's music being mystifying, but Melodies of Life from IX just makes me tingle inside xP

Final Fantasy XII had my favourite characters, i would normally pick VII because the characters are more "traditional Final Fantasy" but XII has more modern characters.

Final Fantasy X had my favourite character, Tidus. He reminds me of myself a lot, we both started off quite immature, then became more wise to the ways of the world while still maintaining some humour.

Final Fantasy XIII had my favourite battle system as it had the classes (sentinel, commando etc). I know that a lot of people hated XIII for many reasons, i enjoy them all in context with the storyline, even though most aspects are pretty minimal, but im sure XIII-2 and Versus will trump this.

Final Fantasy VIII has my favourite villain, Seifer he isn't evil to begin with, you get to watch him become evil, and grow towards darkness ... plus his jacket is cool

Final Fantasy XIII has my favourite storyline, simply because it has a mythology to it, and keeps you wondering about different motives of the enemies/allies. For example you wonder if the Fal'cie are good or evil, obviously Barthandelus is evil, however Anima gave the characters a Focus to save Cocoon, even though we though it was to destroy it due to Barthandelus' manipulation.

Final Fantasy X has the best ending, it's a tearjerker, and the emotion that is portrayed by the voice actors is, for once, decent.

Which FF had your Favorite Music? I like Final Fantasy IX even now i didn't finish it i love Melodies of Life so much... i can relax my self every time that i played it.. i can be a cure for me when im stressed.. You can try it!!!

Which FF had your Favorite Characters Overall? FF-8 (because this is the only FF that i know that it so romantic story even though my brother is who one who finished that game) Honestly, onlyFF-CRISIS CORE AND FF-II are the only FF that i finish (but i already play some for FF on ps1 and psp, but i did not finish it for some reason) My favorite character is Squall and Rinoa.. Because im so romantic person ... and also my Favorite GF is.. (I know you know it because of my name here im forum hehehehe)

Which FF had your Favorite Battle System? FF-CC.. because this is one of two FF that i only finished... i love the Batlle system because it easy to control unlike ff-1 and ff8 that is quietly hard...(an opinion only for me hehehe)

Which FF had your Favorite Villain, and who is it? Sepiroth... when i already played that FF-CC, that is the time that i knew Sepiroth in the past years in not a bad character.... but when the story goes by, he became bad for some reason ( that i don't know...)

Which FF had your Favorite Storyline? FF-7... For my opinion, this is the greatest story of all FF, because the story start in advanced.. and if you need to know the whole story, you need to play the all FF7 games.

Which FF had your Favorite Ending? FF-CC when Zack dying to Cloud and saying that he need to continue what he is doing...

BTW: i hope someday that i will be finish all FF games

Final Fantasy VII had the best music. I loved the world map and boss battle themes. I think it suits the game well.

Which FF had your favourite characters overall? I somewhat think 12 had the best characters. Each character had their own very unique personality and behaviour (Vaan, Penelo, Balthier, Fran) etc. and they were all memorable characters.

Which had your favourite battle system? FF13 has got to be my choice for this. The battle system is very well developed and always requires strategic thinking. Paradigms that worked well with one foe may get you slaughtered with another and I like that.

Which FF had your favourite villain? Sephiroth from FFVII of course. He is a bad-ass villain because of his super evil intentions and motives.

Which FF had your favourite story line? FFVII had the best. I thoroughly enjoyed 7's story. It had enough depth without being too complicated to understand.

Which FF had your favourite ending? I'd have to say FF-Crisis Core. The first time I saw it I was speechless. Having Zack pass on the buster sword to Cloud and saying that Cloud was going to be his living legacy. It was a sad ending.

Banned Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version] IdiotWithHair's Avatar

Final Fantasy 7 had One Winged Angel and Aeris' Theme. What could be better than that? Nothing. Except maybe the new battle theme from FF 13...
    Final Fantasy 7 had A spiky haired basket case, a Mr. T impersonator, a grizzled old chain-smoker with a stick for a weapon, a martial artist with some knockers, a stuffed toy riding a stuffed toy, a doggy who could talk, some kinda vampire, and an annoying little brat. Plus some hilarious villains, like the one that looks like a woman with a long sword who burns down whole villages and wants to "hurt" the planet, or whatever. Best. Characters. Ever.
    Didn't I already answer this question? I guess not technically. Final Fantasy 7 had Cid Highwind. He was a chain-smoking bad-ass who didn't take shit from no one. Especially punks who refused to drink his god-damned tea!
    Final Fantasy 7 had the best battle system. Materia is the most interesting and innovative use of magic and statistical upgrades out of ANY final fantasy.
    Again, I already said the the guy with the sword who looks like a woman! But I will make it clear; Sephiroth is unanimously the greatest villain of all time, from what is unanimously the greatest video game of all time.
    Final Fantasy 7's storyline is second to none. Guy thinks he's his dead friend, falls in the lifestream, has big-bosomed girl pull him out of it, kicks bad guy's ass with Omnislash. EPIC.
    I loved Final Fantasy 7's simple, poignant ending. What happened? Did everyone die? How did the doggie who is supposed to be the last of his kind procreate? (And the best part is that that last question STILL isn't answered! Way to be, Square! That'll keep the fans speculating for years to come!)

I don't want ot go in to much detail so I will just say I like all the games and all have some good and bad aspects when it comes tom myfavourite I say 10 but I have no particular reason on why that is I just find that I will judge a game in general overall on how much I enjoyed playing it and for me 10 just edges it. If I was asked more specific questions individually (favourite character, villain, town etc) I would happily answer them but otherwise I would not go through everything unless I was talking to someone face to face cuz it would tak to much time otherwise.
    Last edited by markandrewkinzett; 06-14-2011 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Afterthought.

I don't know if open spoilers are allowed without notice or not, so...**MY POST CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Music - There are some good ones, but I'm gonna give it to FFVI here, beating FFIX by just a hair. FFIX was good with the warm, touchy music, but FFVI had an overall more impressive soundtrack. FFIX did have "Song of Memories" so I'm tempted to put it, but...ehh...I'll still stick with VI.

Characters - I have to give the nod to FFIV here. I liked every character; I liked Edward less than everyone else, but he still has his place there. Kain is my favorite character of the game. I like how he switches back and forth between good and bad and even when he finally settles on the good side, there's still this part of him deep down that is troubled. And not even just the playable party...the other characters all throughout the game were good and memorable. Rubicante is still one of my favorite villains to fight and one of my favorite villains period. I just like how even though he's technically on the "bad side", he's still righteous and honorable. I think he's far from evil.

Favorite Character - A year ago, I would've said FFVI with Shadow, or FFIV with Kain, but now I'm going to say FFIX with Garnet. I just loved her character. Charming in a way, sweet and innocent. Just a really lovable character, in my opinion. FFIX wouldn't have been the same without her. Yeah, that can be said for most of the characters, but I think she was most important. Maybe even a little moreso than Zidane.

Favorite Battle System - You know, this one's a little tough, but I'm gonna say FFVII. Battle system was at a perfect speed, unlike others, such as FFIX. Plus, I think they got the Limit Break system the best in this game. In FFVI, it's version of limit breaks, desperation attacks, were just so rare. I've been playing the game since I was a little kid and I've only had a desperation attack happen ONCE, which was on my recent playthrough. FFIX's Trance system sucked. Trance could be wasted in the most unnecessary battles and that was lame.

Favorite Villain - I'm gonna give it to FFVI here with Kefka. I think Kefka is still the best main villain in the series, with Golbez (if you count him), Sephy and Kuja following very closely behind. Kefka was not only unique, in that he was just straight up crazy, instead of the cool and calm personalities of most other villains, but he was also one of the few villains to actually achieve his goal, which was to become a god and rule the planet, which he did for a full year.

Favorite Storyline - This one's hard. Hmm...I'm gonna give it to FFIV. I just liked how it all unfolded. I liked how the party had to go to the underworld, to a giant and even the moon. I don't know. This one's a little hard to describe for me, for some reason.

Favorite Ending - Definitely FFIX. Everybody thinking Zidane was dead after so much time had passed with no return, only for him to disguise himself during a play and reveal to Garnet that it's him, followed by Garnet just running down to him and they embrace...it was just a good-hearted feeling.
    Last edited by Cereal~Killer; 08-13-2011 at 05:39 AM.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

Registered User Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version] + Revenant +'s Avatar
    Six feet under...and dragging you down with me

Very well, Mydako, I accept your decade-old challenge!

X. V and VI hit you emotionally, VII had a lot of energy, VIII had compositional integrity, IX was a great collection of old favorites...but for me, nothing compares to the FFX soundtrack overall. Nobuo Uematsu brought his usual A-game, but he also had two collaborators, Nakano and Hamauzu, who added their own styles to the mix. It was really a breath of fresh air for the series, full of stunning tracks that never got old.

IX. They just seemed like the perfect motley crew. They all had distinct personalities, stories and backgrounds. Most of them were funny, kind of like VII but better because instead of being caught in a lot of "adult" situations they had to make their own humor. Except for Quina and Amarant, I connected with every one of them. Well, maybe even Quina on a "gut" level.

This will actually be a different answer...while IX had my favorite overall cast, my favorite character was Rikku from FFX. She was the cute girl to end 'em all, she had the perfect voice, I loved her design, and her thief background made her a flexible character--meaning I could tack on a bunch of crazy skills and make her the most versatile member of the party. Hastega, Full-Life, Holy, Demi, Auto-Regen, Drain, Osmose...you get the idea. By the end of a game, I've given Rikku more HP and abilities than anyone else in the party. Rikku's not the kind of character who can take out an enemy with one blow. But if you build her up well enough, she can do pretty much everything else.

X again. It was brilliantly designed. It had fast-paced action but stuck to a turn-based system, so you could roll over the enemies or stop and get your bearings when you needed to. Spells and animations ruled, so did Aeon sequences (which could be shortened)...you could customize weapons to a degree almost unheard of since the SNES era, and even beef up your Aeons. Best of all, you could switch characters in and out of a fight--without even losing a turn.

Easily VI, and it was Kefka. I haven't even played much of that game, but I already know enough to give him the honors. He's just evil and insane, the kind of villain you can really hate--and that's good. None of the other FF bad guys compared. I don't care how handsome Sephiroth was, his character made no sense. FFVIII barely had a villain at all until the end. Kuja was cool, but I don't know why they had to make him a drag queen. Sin was scary at first until we found out he was basically Tidus' dad in the body of a flying whale, and Seymour was never quite strong enough to be taken seriously.

IX. All the others seemed to get really weird or convoluted in parts. They were too long for their own good, especially VII's. But IX's story had just the right balance of tradition, sci-fi, plot twists and big battles. As if that weren't enough, you could run around a big world map without getting terribly lost and check up on what the other characters were doing when they went off on their own--Active Time Events. I think IX was the only FF game where you could do that.

IX again. It featured a rare truly happy ending. I still remember the first time I saw it, that repeat performance of "I Want To Be Your Canary," when Zidane was presumably dead. Then Marcus' character throws off the hood and there he is. I almost cried, and only a few other RPG's have done that to me, none of them called FF.

InsanityClown
    1: Which FF had your Favorite Music?
    A: Final Fantasy VI. I just can't get enough of Dancing Mad. As well as a lot of the other tracks in that game, like the music for the battle with Atma. So many good songs that have yet to be beaten, in my book.

2: Which FF had your Favorite Characters Overall?
    A: Final Fantasy X. I hope this doesn't come across as condoning that atrocity, Tidus, but the cast of that game was so well put together. They worked together on so many levels and each character brought a unique personality to the team, instead of having the old "Carbon copy character" issue a lot of other FF games have.

3: Which FF had your Favorite Character, and who is it?
    A: Final Fantasy VII. Cid Highwind. Just because he reminds me of my Dad.

4: Which FF had your Favorite Battle System?
    A: Final Fantasy XII. Without question. The open ended action battles brought an entire new dimension to the FF series, in my opinion. I wish they'd kept them.

5: Which FF had your Favorite Villain, and who is it?
    A: Final Fantasy V/Final Fantasy VI. I can't decide between Exdeath and Kefka. They both appeal to me on so many levels. In one hand, you've got Exdeath's cold-heartedness and absolute lack of remorse for anything. On the other, you're dealing with a psychopathic clown who just wants to destroy everything that moves. Tough choice.

6: Which FF had your Favorite Storyline?
    A: Final Fantasy V. Some people say it lacks depth, but I actually really enjoyed it. That feeling throughout the game that you're against a seemingly unstoppable foe, the growing tension as the story progresses, all good stuff.

7: Which FF had your Favorite Ending?
    A: Final Fantasy X-2 (Best ending). Definitely a better love story than Twilight.

Registered User Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version] Cry For Garnet's Avatar

Favourite Final Fantasy Aspects

1) The Music

In terms of music, I would think that FFIX had my favourite soundtrack, largely because I felt that said soundtrack complimented the events of the story much more effectively than in other games in the series. I'm not a huge fan of the darker orchestral music that was more commonplace in FFVII and VIII, songs such as 'You're not alone' and 'Song of Memories' I feel are much more emotionally moving and have a greater effect on the player, certainly on me, to such an extent that I will play final fantasy IX so that I can listen to the music, I know I can do this anytime I want, but playing the game and watching the events of the game unfold as I listen to the music has an emotional effect on me that has not been replicated by anything before or since. One area I believe that the series has taken a huge downturn in is in the music and the soundtracks, the compositions of Nobuo Uematsu were truly inspiring and it makes me sad that Square Enix now favour the use of mainstream music such as the Leonna Lewis songs in the XIII series, songs which have no significant emotional value and no relevance to the story, over the masterworks of Uematsu. As I said i'm not a huge fan of his darker pieces, but in Final Fantasy IX, there is not one piece that I dislike. (Apart from Vamo Alla Flamenco, countless hours of hunting for chocographs and that gets damn annoying.)

2) The Characters

In terms of characters, I would have to say that I favour FFIX once more. I have heard people who critisise the plot and characters of the game for being somewhat unimaginative, but the things that I love about FFIX are not the characters themselves, as individuals, but instead the interactions between two or three characters. Primarilly the love story that unfolds between Zidane and Garnet, but also more subtle examples such as how Zidane is constantly picking on Steiner in the first two disks and how Steiner constantly judges Zidane in Reply, and also the hilarity of how many of the characters try to determine what gender Quina is and what its motives are. Also the mini-stories that transpire between a character and another less significant character or characters, such as Vivi's interactions with the black mages in the black mage village. One thing that I do critisise though, and I do this for all Final Fantasy games, is that, out of the 8 playable characters, there are some which are much less integral to the story than others, this is one of my very few critisisms of the game, but even I have wondered, would this game by that much less enjoyable if Quina or Amarant were not in it? Obviously I disagree with this entirely, but I understand why some people do feel this way.

3) The Individual

As the name suggests, Garnet is far and away my undisputed favourite character in the whole of the Final Fantasy Series. First of all because she is so unbelievably beautiful, I know a lot of people prefer Yuna, Rinoa or Tifa, but for me Garnet is a cut above the rest, both in her soothingly gentle face and also how her costume excentuates her beautiful body. This, in tandem with her delicate personality, the gentleness of her speech, her kindness, her ability to forgive, this all inspires and brings out emotion in me in a way that no other final fantasy character does. The epitomy of how I feel this way is in how she sings the 'Song of memories'. This song is the song of childhood and indeed of my entire life, what i'm about to say will sound very cliche and fake but I assure you it is not. This song had an unbelievable effect on me in my teenage years when i suffered from servere depression following my parents divorce, this was during a time when I had seriously considered suicide In my times of need I would put this song on my stereo, curl up in a ball, listen to it and cry my problems away, even today, years later, I still do this sometimes, and for this reason, Garnet is my favourite character, for saving me.

4) The Battle System

No shadow of a doubt, the battle system in FFXII was by far my favourite, and is one of the reasons why FFXII is the only final fantasy game I hold in the same regard to final fantasy IX, apart maybe from FFX. Coupled with the HUGE playable world in the game, for me the totally open battle system in the game made FFXII into almost a free roam game, the only other battle system I compare this to is that which you would see in the elder scrolls games, but this of course is better because of the fact it is final fantasy. The vast number of options you get in FFXII, in terms of tactics and options makes this unparallelled in my opinion. The gambit system was something that I loved down to the ground for its intinuity and its uniqueness, and something I would welcome back to the series with open arms. The astonishing number of enemies, bosses, optional bosses and biomes in the game mean that there is no such thing as a set in stone 'best' tactic to use, and for this I loved the game because it requires a whole new level of intelligence that was never necessary in previous games in the series. I know that this is, for some people, one of the main critisms of the game, but for me, I would love to see this return.

5) The Antagonist

Kuja was my favourite villain, partly because of his ambitions as the main antagonist of the game. An ambition to end all existance is not a new concept as far as villains are concerned, but to wish the end of existance purely because you cannot stand being a part of it is a whole new level, also, there is a certain comical value to Kuja's personality, both in the fact that he is ridiculously feminine, but also his childish tantrums that we witness at various points in the game, such as when he has a hissy fit when he learns of his finite existance. For me this was a welcome change from some of the more sinister and abstract antagonists such as Kefka, Sephiroth and Ultemicia. In a way, making Kuja rather unintimidating has the opposite effect in that it seems so much more significant when he gives in to his darker side. Oh, and also the fact that he is pretty damn tough, not many villains can destroy a planet without the use of some diabolical and non-existant weapon. Kuja can.

6) The Storyline

Again, Final Fantasy IX, this game is primarilly about saving the world, as many Final Fantasy games are, but this is also a journey of self discovery for many of the characters. The way in which the 4 primary characters (Zidane, Garnet, Vivi, Steiner) learn so much about themselves as the storyline progresses is something I have not seen in any other game to the same extent. This is one of the main reasons why I abelive number IX to be the most significant emotionally, the way in which these four characters question their very existance and purpose in life is something that I can relate very strongly to. There are so many scene in this game that made me shed a tear as I watched them for the first, second and twenty second times (I have played through Final Fantasy IX 22 times, beat that) the scene in Madain Sari when Zidane tells Garnet that story of Ispen is one example, the scene in which Vivi walks to the cemetery to talk to No. 238 is another, there are many scenes equally and more emotionally significant to this, for me, the idea of saving the world and existance is secondary in this game, it is almost irrelevant.

7) The Ending

No points for guessing this one, my favourite ending is that of Final Fantasy IX, call me a sucker, but this is the happiest ending of the Final Fantasy games, it is the most storybook, fairytale like, and the most cliche, despite all this, I honestly did not see it coming, this is a culmination of everything I like about Final Fantasy IX, and i'm not ashamed to say I always cry at the end. It is subtle little details that make it all the more emotionally significant, such as how Garnet originally thinks Steiner and Beatrix are blocking her way and also how she does not move to retrieve the Falcon pendant as it is snapped from her neck, I could go on and on about this and every other cutscene in the game for about 100,000 words, because there is nothing that I don't see as significant, and moving in this game, a true masterpiece in every area.

Just a word in addition, it may seem as though I have disregarded many of the other Final Fantasy games, this is not the case, I have enjoyed EVERY Final Fantasy game I have played, its just that my opinion of Final Fantasy IX is so strong, I don't feel as though any of the other games compare to it.
    Last edited by Cry For Garnet; 05-18-2013 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Grammatical Errors

This one's a tough one for me because I generally enjoy most if not all the music in every ff game I play. Including FF12. I would probably go with FFX; the song of the fayth, To Zanarkand, and the theme in the fight with Seymor are some of my favorite. A close second would be CC:FF7, just great tracks. But again, I enjoy most of the music in every game.

I haven't played 7, 8 or 9. From what I have played, I would go with Crisis Core. I liked all the characters who didn't have a spot in 7, like Zack, Angeal, Genesis and Cissnei. A close second would FFX; after that (12 & 13) they have pretty poor character development in my opinion.

There's this little guy you get to meet in FF4 called Namingway; at least I think that's what he starts out been called, he changes names through out the game (like, at one point his name is Mappingway I think). I just like that little guy. There's also this one moogle called Montblanc; the ff tactics and Ivalice worlds are some of my favorite in the series, and Montblanc is one of my favorite characters for really no special reason.

The War of the Lions. And pretty much all the Tactics games. I like that style of games. Of the mainstream titles, there isnt much variety/creativity up to FF12, and I liked that system. I also didn't mind the paradigm system in 13, I think it still allowed for a fair amount of personalization.

FF12's Gabranth is one of my favorite's. I liked his story and his loyalty.

The War of the Lions. Its got a darker story line than the usual FF and it felt like very much a different style of game to me.

I would have said CC:FF7 because it was pretty sad, but at the same every one knew it was coming. So I'll go again with War of the Lions because it was interesting to see how things turned out for many of the characters.

Certified tech, come at me! Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version] SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Which FF had your Favorite Music? Ok, so we all know the Final Fantasy series have a history of a great soundtrack. Because I have a good range of favorites, I'm going to only elaborate on a select few. I always liked the soundtracks to FFIV, FFV, FFVI, and FFVIII. The soundtracks in the following games I could listen to a good amount of and enjoy most to all the way through. They were descriptive, deep, and really set the mood for where the song played. I think FF wouldn't be as engaging as it is today without a good soundtrack. Gotta keep the players interested in a long story if you, the developer, have a lot in store for the buyers.

Which FF had your Favorite Characters Overall? For this answer I will just simply answer with FFVI because that final fantasy title had very good character development. The personalities of each character were enjoyable. There were no character you could really complain about (except for Relm sometimes).

Which FF had your Favorite Character, and who is it? Again, I would say FFVI. My favorite character is a close tie between Sabin and Cyan. I will go with Sabin as #1 not just because that is my username on here, but because of who he is and what he went through. I like stories of people who go through training to better themselves, physically and emotionally, and become stronger over the course of time. Sabin came out as this top dog martial artist because of his commitment to his training, and had sweet blitz moves to use in battle. He is capable of suplexing a demonic train which has got to way somewhere close to a ton (maybe more). I also like him thhe best, because he has the best character resolve at the end of the game.

Which FF had your Favorite Battle System? Mannnn.... this is going to be a rough one. They all were good for developing strategies in their own unique way. I'm going to have to give it to FFV, because it really was the highest in creativity besides XII (for offline FFs). FFV had a job system that allows you to take a skill you have learned in one job and equip it with another job which gave the system the depth and experimentation to develop your characters the way you like. The only downside to this system is the fact that not all skills will work with the jobs you want to equip (i.e. equipping skills on a berserker).

Which FF had your Favorite Villain, and who is it? I believe Kefka from FFVI would have to be my top favorite not because he's the main villain in my favorite FF but because of his character. He was this devious empire serving guy who had a playful attitude, and probably the biggest troll in villain history. Not only is he playful, he is also very hateful as well, having no regard, whatsoever, for human life meaning he will do whatever it takes even if it results in many casualties.

Which FF had your Favorite Storyline? I'm gonna have to hand it to FFVI here even though other FFs have done a great job with their stories such as FFIV, FFV, and FFVII. FFVI started out with a pretty clever angle, from the dark side of the playing field. What makes the story really shine in FFVI is that you start on a quest to discover yourself, learn what you're trying to do, and along the way the plot gets interesting and you go through twists and turns as it plays out. I feel that the plot theme around FFVI is discovery, in the sense of what both the protagonists and antagonists learn throughout the game, another theme that is shown is conflict.

Which FF had your Favorite Ending? Final Fantasy VI had my top favorite ending, IV comes in second, and VII comes in third. I hate this question already because if I go into details, it will result in spoilers (IT'S A TRAP!!!). I like FFVI's ending the most because it was very detailed, it resolved everything at a nice pace, and the soundtrack to the ending was very well made.
    Currently Playing:

Banned Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version]
    Stalemate between VII & VIII. VII had great music which grows on you as you play the game over and over. The world map music post-meteor is one of my favorite game tracks of all time. VIII also had beautiful music. It was more creative and mature (not unlike everything about VIII), and had softer, more complex notes and rhythms, but I thoroughly enjoyed the tones and moods it set as I travelled the world. I neve found myself annoyed by it, wanting to turn music on, or the volume down.

Which FF had your Favorite Characters Overall? VI, without a doubt. The cast was huge, the characters were amazing and they all had beautiful story arcs that intertwined perfectly. I cell in love with this group of heroes and became more invested in them than any FF game. VII had good characters too, but they were not exceptional, not even close.

Which FF had your Favorite Character, and who is it? VII, Cid Highwind. There's no intellectual way to break this down, he was the badass character I was wanting from the time I played my first FF. no, he's not deep, beautiful, and doesn't have a profound storyline, but I related to him more than anyone in VII, and he made me laugh, very hard, consistently.

Which FF had your Favorite Battle System? Tactics! Turn based Group warfare with tons of monsters and jobs. This game took the crude, basic idea V started and made it something more complex, advanced and rewarding. Admittedly I destroyed that game, and no longer play because it's not fun anymore.

Which FF had your Favorite Villain, and who is it? Not a huge fan of FF villains. Won't say Sephiroth on principle (not a very good character, by any standard). Kefka is the worst excuse for a "villain" ever. Anyone can poison a river, use the power of ancient gods to fail at "destroying" the world, or kill an old man when his guard's down. Cowardly, annoying fool who isn't worthy of your fear or respect, that was his purpose, yet kids still look at him like he's a monster, failing to get it completely. Like... He looks like a clown for a reason, and it's not because it's badass.

Which FF had your Favorite Storyline? VII. Beautiful, engrossing, powerful storyline that is so important to our own world. The message of destroying our planet in order to live a little better was moving for me back in '97, and still is today. VII is ALL about the story. The game system was crude and SNES'ish, and the graphics were rotten at the best of times. It stands on story alone for me, because it's one of the best stories ever written for a game.
    Which FF had your Favorite Ending? VII. When Midgar was destroyed, I changed as a human being. When Red and his kids look out over the ruins of Midgar, it's a beautiful, redeeming moment that was so glorious and profound it brings tears to my eyes every time (the only time it can make me cry).
    Last edited by OutlawTorn; 10-27-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7